We have to set some base rules to make sure that everything is fair. So that people have had the opportunity to have the same amount of time. So nobody has been treated unfairly.
Here are the rules for films being submitted clear and simple for everyone to see.
If you find that your submission violates one of these rules, actions will be taken accordingly depending on the violation. With the worst penalty being forbidden from entering our festival again.
Now that we’ve gotten that clear. here are the specifications your film must comply with:
RULES, TERMS & CONDITIONS
The filmmaker has read and understood the aforementioned guidelines and regulations and to the best of their knowledge, all statements are true. The filmmaker is duly authorized to submit this film to the New Orleans Film Festival.
- Shorts must be between a maximum of 40 minutes although 15-20minutes is preferred.
- Full-Length Films don’t have a time limit but must be at least 55 minutes long.
- The film must be created after the 30th of June 2019
- The film must be produced before the end of June 2021
- Minimum Swearing
- No nudity
- Racism will not be tolerated
- Films can be from anywhere in the world since the festival is an international competition.
- The festival has the right to use a trailer, stills and a poster from the films for promotional purposes.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- There is no premiere status requirement for films that would like to enter the monthly competition.
- English subtitles are required for non-English Films.
- Films can also be available online and on other platforms and still enter the competition.
- Once a film is selected for our annual event, it cannot be withdrawn.